Founded by Earl Overstreet in 1983, General Microsystems (GMI) has navigated changing technologies and grown to keep pace with our customers’ needs. We are technology leaders, located within Seattle’s vibrant and innovative technology corridor. We serve enterprises and large organizations, from Fortune 500 to public sector customers across the United States providing standard off-the-shelf and custom solutions.
Our vision is to enable success with
innovative IT leadership.
Throughout our history, GMI has always been at the forefront of innovation, providing purpose-driven solutions for our customers. As a minority owned business, GMI honors inclusion in all of our professional engagements.
To support our customers’ growth, GMI focuses on:
- Education and research: GMI stays abreast of the latest IT trends and changing technology to serve as a trusted advisor to customers for the right IT solution.
- Product certifications and training: All GMI sales and technical staff carry multiple certifications and manufacturers specializations to serve as a resource for customers.
- Product offerings: GMI evaluates and represents the best-in-class and emerging technology solutions.
- Customized offerings: GMI works with their partners to develop solutions that address a customer’s particular needs.
- Creative ways to serve our customers: The GMI team understands that different customers have different needs. That is why GMI is committed to tackling any challenge, no matter how unique it may be.
Commitment to Community
GMI is committed to our local community and technology leadership. We are proud to support:
Awards and Recognitions
GMI is an active member of both the local and technology communities. We commit ourselves to supporting the customers and communities we serve.
We take pride in being recognized and are honored to receive the following:
- 2017 Recognized by: Puget Sound Business Journal– One of Washington’s 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- 2017 Black Enterprise BE 100s Report
- 2017 Recognized by: Puget Sound Business Journal – One of Washington’s Fastest-Growing Minority Owned Companies
- 2017 Recognized by: Puget Sound Business Journal – One of Eastside’s 50 Fastest- Growing Private Companies
- 2017 Featured Company in 425 Magazine
- 2016 Black Enterprise BE 100s Report
- 2016 U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 8a Graduate Award of the Year
- 2013 Class III Supplier of the Year, The Northwest Minority Business Council
- 2012 King County Executive’s Minority Small Business of the Year
- 2012 Recognized as Expeditors International Technology Partner of the Year
- 2011 Pride@Boeing Achievement Award – Excellence in Oracle-Sun Value-Added Resale and Support
- 2011 Northwest MSDC President’s Award (Earl Overstreet’s contribution to the council)
- 2011 Best of the Eastside Top Corporate Citizens
- 2009 Puget Sound Business Journal CFO of the year award-Small Private Company, Barbara Overstreet
- 2008 William D. Bradford Minority Business of the Year, Foster School of Business, University of Washington
- 2008 Sun Microsystems State and Local Government Partner of the Year
- 2008 Featured Company in the April 2008 edition of Fortune Small Business, “100 Great Towns for Business Owners”
- 2008 Class III Supplier of the Year, The Northwest Minority Business Council
- 2007 Recognized by: Inc. Magazine as one of the “Inc. 5000”
- 2007 Class III Supplier of the Year, The Northwest Minority Business Council
- 2006 Distinguished Business Achievement Award from University of Washington Business School
- 2006 Recognized by: Puget Sound Business Journal – One of Washington’s 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- 2005 Recognized by: Puget Sound Business Journal – One of Washington’s 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies
Certifications and Contracts
- Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council – Certification #: NW01232
- Utility Supplier Diversity Program (MBE) – Supplier Clearinghouse VON #: 12040096
- OMWBE Minority Business Enterprise – Certification #: M3M0000010
- System for Award Management (SAM) – DUNS: 121172530; CAGE: 1GP12
- NAICS Codes: 423430; 541512; 541519
- PEPPM National Cooperative Contracts:
- Pennsylvania contract for Hitachi Data Systems
- PEPPM California contracts for Hitachi Data Systems, Unitrends, Solarwinds and Varonis
- Self-certified Small Disadvantaged Business
- E-Rate Program Participant